The “New Normal” is the Opportunity of Your Lifetime
This is your time. Things won’t go completely back to “normal.” It’s time to make a choice. Freedom, or safety. Life often forces you to choose between the two, and our lives are largely shaped by which you choose. If you’re someone who has more often chosen freedom, you might be discouraged that other people seem to be further along than you are. They seem to have a more stable career, more years of experience, and even more financial stability.
They have these things because they chose a more predictable path. They took fewer detours, ran into fewer obstacles, and had more examples to follow. So, of course, they appear further along their path than you are along yours. But these people have missed something. They’ve missed the opportunity to cut their own trail in life. They’ve missed the opportunity to face their fear of the unknown and to learn that the things we fear are almost never as bad as the years we waste trying to avoid them.
Most importantly, they’ve missed out on learning to adapt. They’ve mastered the art of conformity, and the world needs such people. But the world is changing. The economy is changing. As it does, those who have conditioned themselves to adapt will simply do what they have always done. They will evolve they will create, and most of them will thrive. I believe they will also be the authors of the new economy.
The author Eric Hoffer once wrote…
“In a time of drastic change, it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.”
Some people believe we’ve simply hit the pause button. They believe things will go back to where they were before all this started. Some things will. But I believe this is one more step in the fast and inevitable transition into a new economy. Not an economy run by tyrants or bureaucrats, but an economy run by everyday entrepreneurs. Millions of people have now had the taste of working at home. They’ve gotten to work near their family and control their schedule. I’ve talked to many people who have found that they were missing something by spending ten, twelve, or fourteen hours a day away from those they love.
They’ve had a taste of how people lived for thousands of years before the industrial age. Many of them have now realized that working from home is not only possible, but practical. More importantly, I believe that many employers will realize the practical and economic benefits of virtualizing large portions of their workforce. Things will not go back to normal. But they will evolve, and this will create new opportunities for those who are ready to adapt, to innovate, and to shape the new economy. This is your time, and what you do next could change the rest of your life.
Goals and Progress
- Body Weight: 231lbs (Goal 185 by 3/1/2022)
- Body Fat: 23.1% (Goal 6 to 8% by 2022)
- Paid for RV Setup by 12/24/2021: $8,000 Saved (Goal $20,000).
- Vervenia Software Development: 24 Month Testing and Debugging.
- Forex Trading Experiment: Over. Lessons Learned.
- Reading: Harvard Neuroscience Course Materials
- Reading: The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green
- Reading: Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms by Paul Stamets
- Old Testament Book of Genesis – Chapter 1
- Old Testament Book of Daniel – Chapter 1
- The New Testament Gospel of Matthew – Chapter 1
- The New Testament Gospel of Mark – Chapter 1
- The New Testament Gospel of Luke – Chapter 1
- The New Testament Gospel of John – Chapter 1
- The New Testament Book of Revelation – Chapter 1
- The Oversoul by Ralph Waldo Emerson – Page 7
- The Kena Upanishad
- The Tao Te Ching – Chapters 6-9
- The Dhammapada – Chapter 4 (Flowers)
- The Lord’s Prayer (In Hebrew)
- Chapter 17 of The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
- Chapter 17 of The Science of Being Well by Wallace Wattles
- Pages 1 – 6 of The Oversoul by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The Isha Upanishad and Mandukya Upanishad
- Chapters 1 – 3 of The Dhammapada
- 15 Chapters from The Tao Te Ching
- Chapter 2 of The Kybalion
- All 4 Chapters of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Chapter 3 verses 1- 8 of Kohelet (Ecclesiastes)
- Chapters 1 – 4 of Bereshit (Genesis)
Connect With Me:
- LinkedIn Connections: 13,788 (Connect with me on LinkedIn)
- YouTube Subscribers: 266 (Subscribe to my YouTube channel)
- Twitter Followers: 172 (Follow me on Twitter)