Entrepreneurs vs Dreamers: One Thing That Makes All the Difference
Entrepreneurs vs dreamers…what’s the difference? Some would say that dreamers dream, while entrepreneurs act. But, there’s more to it than that. In my experience, the most important difference between the two is that dreamers have unreasonable expectations about how hard it is to get a business off of the ground. They’re mostly interested in the good parts of being an entrepreneur…the free time, the money, the ability to turn your passion into a profit.
They’re much, much less interested in the initial sacrifices of building a business. Hell, most of them aren’t interested in that part at all. They’re like tourists visiting other countries. They just want to see the pretty parts, without giving up the comforts and luxuries they enjoy in their own country. When I tell people that I work at home and for myself, nearly everyone says that I’m “lucky.” I laugh. Sometimes, I tell them that it took a lot of hard work and it wasn’t easy at all. But, it’s interesting that their first response is to call me lucky.
In my experience, this is how most ordinary people think about entrepreneurship. Especially when they hear about super-successful entrepreneurs who are making a lot of money. Ordinary people grossly underestimate the deep personal sacrifices, the long grueling hours, the epic failures, and the jaw tightening uncertainty that goes into building a business from the ground up. They only see the end result and assume that it must have been luck, or privilege, instead of hard work and sacrifice.
Goals and Progress
- February Income: $2337.50 (Goal $2,000).
- LinkedIn Connections: 12,090 (Connect with me on LinkedIn).
- YouTube Subscribers: 251 (Subscribe to my YouTube channel).
- Twitter Followers: 153 (Follow me on Twitter).
- Pure Vegan Diet: Day 22.
- Body Weight: 237lbs (Goal 185).
- Memorized: Torah, Genesis, Chapters 1-2.
- Memorized: The Kybalion, Chapters 1-2.
- Memorized: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Book One.
- Memorized: The Tao Te Ching, Book One.
- Memorized: The Dhammapada, Book One.
- Memorized: The Bhagavad-Gita, Book One.
- Memorized: The Isha Upanishads.
- Memorized: The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter One.