Time Management vs Energy Management: An Entrepreneurial Perspective
Time Management vs Energy Management: I’ve been talking about this since my first few years of being a business coach. In my opinion, time management is a lousy way to become more productive. You can’t manage time. You have 24 hours in a day, and seven days in a week. What you CAN manage is your energy. Energy management is the path to entrepreneurial success.
What is energy management? From my perspective, it’s about two things. First, it’s about balancing the three types of actitivities: planning, execution, and connection. Each of these activities requires a different type of energy, and spending too much time in any one of these is an energy killer. Energy management is also about balancing ambition with gratitude. In this video, I explain why planning, execution and connection are the three pillars of entrepreneurial success, and how to manage them. The balance between ambition and gratitude is a topic for another podcast.
Goals and Progress
- February Income: $2512 (Goal $2,000).
- March Income: $478 (Goal $2,500)
- LinkedIn Connections: 12,208 (Connect with me on LinkedIn).
- YouTube Subscribers: 251 (Subscribe to my YouTube channel).
- Twitter Followers: 150 (Follow me on Twitter).
- Pure Vegan Diet: Day 29.
- Body Weight: 235lbs (Goal 185).
- Memorized: Torah, Genesis, Chapters 1-2.
- Memorized: The Kybalion, Chapters 1-2.
- Memorized: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Book One.
- Memorized: The Tao Te Ching, Book One.
- Memorized: The Dhammapada, Book One.
- Memorized: The Bhagavad-Gita, Book One.
- Memorized: The Isha Upanishad.
- Memorized: The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter One.