Coronavirus and The American Entrepreneur
America was built by entrepreneurs. Now, panicked and ignorant bureaucrats and media bobbleheads (many of whom have never built anything from the ground up) are destroying small businesses with their short-sighted response to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Yes, something needed to be done to save lives. But, we MUST have a conversation about the livelihoods that are being ruined by our response to this crisis. There’s a myth in the American consciousness that says “economies run on spending.” This is one of the most ignorant and pervasive mantras in our society. Economies run on PRODUCTION. And entrepreneurs are the producers of the American economy.
Yet, right now loads of ignorant and unbelievably stupid bureaucrats and political hacks in the media are shutting down small businesses, and, again, making the stupid mistake of assuming that government “stimulus” (aka, money-printing) will sustain our economy in this time. If you want to save the American Economy from this crisis, get the HELL out of our way and let us (the entrepreneurs who make economies work) do our damn jobs.
Yes, there is danger in just “letting this thing rip,” and I’m not saying we should do nothing. But, Americans are not children or cowards. We risk our lives to take care of ourselves and our family every time we leave the damn house to drive to our jobs. We risk our financial futures, our dignity and our relationships to build the products and to fulfill the services that make this economy work.
That’s our right as human beings. To lay it all on the line to fight for our dreams and for the people we love. Anyone who wants to take this right away and who assumes that they can build a healthy society using the vehicle of government is a moron and a tyrant. Those are today’s thoughts on what the Coronavirus crisis is doing to the American economy. Yes, this is not a popular point to be making. But, my guess is that within the next 3 to 6 months, people will finally start to realize that we should have been talking about this from the start.
Goals and Progress
- Body Weight: 235lbs (Goal 185 by 11/24/2020)
- Body Fat: 24.5% (Goal 6 to 8% by 2021)
- Buy an RV With Cash by 1/17/2021: $3,000 Saved (Goal $20,000)
- Vervenia Software Development: Security Checks (Launch 6/1/2020)
- Forex Trading Experiment: $1.120.00 to $1,154.29 (Up 3%) Since 1/4/2020
- Net Worth Goal: $200k by 12/24/2021 (This is Month Number Two)
- Reading: Getting Started in Technical Analysis by Jack D. Schwager
- Reading (Again): The Structure of Value by Robert Hartman
- Reading (Again): Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Memorizing: Chapter 3 verses 1-8 of Kohelet (Ecclesiastes)
- Memorized: Chapters 1 – 4 of Bereshit (Genesis)
- Memorized: Chapter 17 of The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
- Memorized: Chapter 17 of The Science of Being Well by Wallace Wattles
- Memorized: Pages 1 – 6 of The Oversoul by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Memorized: The Isha Upanishad and Mandukya Upanishad
- Memorized: Chapters 1 – 3 of The Dhammapada
- Memorized: 15 Chapters from The Tao Te Ching
- Memorized: Chapter 2 of The Kybalion
- Memorized: All 4 Chapters of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Connect With Me:
- LinkedIn Connections: 13,724 (Connect with me on LinkedIn)
- YouTube Subscribers: 252 (Subscribe to my YouTube channel)
- Twitter Followers: 166 (Follow me on Twitter)